Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorable Memorial Weekend

I want to start of with this...


Miley. Must I remind you that your are 17 years young, that you are not Lady Gaga or Beyonce, and that you forgot your pants?

Next order of business. My cutey husband called me up on Friday after work and told me to pack my bags when we got home because he had planned a weekend for us in Park City. I went home and packed my duffel bag and we made our way up the canyon. It was a really pretty drive on Friday night. We watched movies on HBO all night and made a run to McDonald's for some late night grub. I got the 3-piece chicken selects and they ended up being more the size of chicken nuggets. Once again McDonald's disappoints. Surprise, surprise. However, I do love their honey mustard sauce. So kudos for that.

On Saturday, we decided to go to the outlets to see what Nike, J. Crew, and Banana had in stock but we were delightfully distracted by this new shopping complex right next to the outlets. There was this adorable store called Beadniks there. I just went in to look around but then I just had to make something. After a considerable amount of time spent in the store, I ended up with some incense (that made the house smell oh so good) and this little beauty...

Not bad for my first attempt at jewelry making, huh?

Hector found this but we didn't purchase it for obvious reasons.

Then we walked into the Cinemark there and Prince of Persia was playing. Hadn't really planned and watching it in the theaters but to my surprise it was a pretty good flick. I thought Jake's (we're on a first name basis) fake accent would annoy me but it really didn't bother me at all. So, yes, this one has my stamp of approval.

After the movie we went to Main Street because Hector had bought tickets to a show at the Egyptian Theater. We browsed the typical nature photography and found an amazing little boutique that I will have to return to when the cash flow is flowing. We stopped into the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and got an apple pie caramel apple. Amazing. If you have never had one, you need to. Words cannot describe.

Next we watched this traveling musical/theater show. It was fun to watch hammered, aged women dancing in the audience. The music was fun and they had some pretty great acts.


On Memorial Day, Hector and I went to see Letters to Juliet with his brother and sister-in-law. It was a super cute movie. The only thing that bothered me was the main, male character's shoes. Throughout the whole movie he was wearing terrible out-of-style Adidas, even with a linen suit. Gah. Other than that...I loved it. This is just a mild example of the travesty.



All in all, it was a pretty great weekend. Thanks Hector.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds like so much fun, and you didn't even know it was coming, even better. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved loved loved Letters to Juliet. But I didn't even notice the out of date shoes. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. And I totally appreciate your blogging about Miley-she has totally let me down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the obvious reasons for not buying the giant crown?

    ReplyDelete