Friday, August 6, 2010

The Good Samaritan

I teach Sunday school. Sometimes I want to pull my hair out but most the time it is really fun (and funny). Last week I taught a lesson about being kind to others. The lesson included the story of the Good Samaritan. The lesson included cutout pictures of the characters in the story. Hector was the wounded man, who I referred to as the sick man because they are four and do not know the meaning of wounded. Two of the children were priests and the other was the Good Samaritan.

At the end of the lesson, I told the children that they could take home their cutout. Each child took home the piece that they used but one of the girls in the class was not satisfied with her priest cutout. This particular girl speaks in a language that I do not understand. I asked her if she wanted another piece and she pointed at the wounded man. She picked up the piece and held it close to her. Then she said, "I lov da seeck mon."

I held back the laughter. Okay, I really didn't hold back. That age they don't know your laughter is directed towards them.

This is the actual cutout that was used...and loved.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. way to break it down so the understand the words. How tender!

    ReplyDelete